British infantry troops painfully show why ‘battlefield awareness’ is essential in jungle combat

Screen_Shot_2019 10 03_at_1_35_02_PM

British soldiers from the Grenadier Guard shared a video showing the painful consequences of a lack of battlefield awareness.
In the video, soldiers are seen carrying a troop on a litter for a simulated mock casualty evacuation.
One of the soldiers inadvertently walks into a sharp broken branch protruding from the ground, and a groan can be heard as the soldier falls backward.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.

British soldiers from the Grenadier Guard shared a video on Twitter showing the excruciating consequences to not having adequate battlefield awareness during training.

In the video, a gaggle of soldiers equipped with SA80 rifles are seen carrying a troop on a litter during a simulated mock casualty evacuation, when one of the soldiers inadvertently walks into a sharp broken branch protruding from the ground.

A groan can be heard as onlookers, including the soldiers providing security, look toward the soldier, who falls backward.

Maintaining your 360-degree battlefield awareness is essential in the jungle… you never know what it has in store for you next. pic.twitter.com/xltrDsPJyA

— The Grenadier Guards (@GrenadierGds) October 3, 2019

“Maintaining your 360-degree battlefield awareness is essential in the jungle,” the Guard said in the tweet. “You never know what it has in store for you next.”

The Grenadier Guards’ roots dates to 1656, and it’s one of the oldest regiments in the British army.

Soldiers from the Guard have participated in all of the country’s major wars, including current fighting in Afghanistan. In addition to conventional war-fighting capabilities, the Guard says it uses unconventional equipment, such as quad bikes, to mobilize quickly.

SEE ALSO: Chinese troops apparently wore QR codes on their body armor in the massive 70th anniversary parade

Join the conversation about this story »

…read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

Rudy Giuliani was briefly kicked off Twitter for tweeting a Ukrainian official’s phone number

Indiana GOP Candidates Hold Get Out The Vote Rallies Ahead Of Midterm Election Day

Photo by Aaron P. Bernstein/Getty Images

On Thursday, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and confidant, Rudy Giuliani, was locked out of his Twitter account for a brief period of time after posting a Ukrainian official’s phone number.

A Twitter spokesperson told The Verge that Giuliani’s tweets, which included screenshots of text conversations with Andriy Yermak, violated the platform’s rules on posting private information. Those screenshots did not censor Yermak’s phone number, essentially doxxing the Ukrainian official to Giuliani’s followers.

At roughly 3:40PM ET, Giuliani told Fox News reporter John Roberts that his account had been locked, although he resumed tweeting shortly afterward. In accordance with Twitter policy, Giuliani’s account would have remained locked…

Continue reading…

…read more

Source:: The Verge – All Posts

      

The 2nd Trump whistleblower is an IRS official who alleges a Treasury Department political appointee tried to interfere with Trump’s tax audit

In this Sept. 30, 2019 photo, Vice President Mike Pence and President Donald Trump participate in an Armed Forces welcome ceremony for the new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va.  Aides to Vice President Mike Pence are disputing a whistleblower's characterization of his decision not to attend Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's inauguration earlier this year. And they say he never discussed President Donald Trump's potential Democratic rival Joe Biden in their repeated conversations.  (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

The individual who filed a second whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump works at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Washington Post reported.
The complaint alleges “inappropriate efforts to influence” the agency’s audit of Trump’s tax returns, according to a court filing from the House Ways and Means Committee.
According to the Post, the person who allegedly tried to interfere with the audit is a political appointee at the Treasury Department.
“The president’s and vice president’s tax returns are kept in a top-secret vault,” one Justice Department veteran told Insider. “It’s codeword-protected, the whole nine yards, and not just anyone can get in there. There are very few people — the head of the Treasury, the head of the IRS — who have access.”
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.

The individual who filed a second whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) employee, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

The complaint alleges “inappropriate efforts to influence” the agency’s audit of Trump’s tax returns, according to a court filing from the House Ways and Means Committee.

According to the Post, the person who allegedly tried to interfere with the audit is a political appointee at the Treasury Department.

There aren’t many government officials who have access to the president’s and vice president’s tax documents, Jeffrey Cramer, a former federal prosecutor who spent 12 years at the Justice Department, told Insider.

“The president’s and vice president’s tax returns are kept in a top-secret vault,” Cramer said. “It’s codeword-protected, the whole nine yards, and not just anyone can get in there. There are very few people — the head of the Treasury, the head of the IRS — who have access.”

The chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Richard Neal, wrote that he received a credible complaint …read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

James Franco is being sued by two of his former acting school students who say they were sexually exploited

james franco

Two former students of James Franco’s acting school are accusing the actor and his business partners of sexually exploiting female students, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday seen by the New York Times.
The Times reported former students Sarah Tither-Kaplan and Toni Gaal said in the lawsuit that members of the program were promised roles in Franco’s films that never materialized.
They also detailed how students had to record audition tapes for a master class on sex scenes, which they had to turn over to Franco to review.
Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.

James Franco is being sued for sexually exploiting young female students at his acting school, Studio 4, which closed in 2017.

Former students Sarah Tither-Kaplan and Toni Gaal filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, according to the New York Times. It names Franco, his production company, and business partners Vince Jolivette and Jay Davis as defendants. Insider reached out to Franco and Jolivette’s representatives for comment on Thursday, but did not immediately receive a response. We were unable to find contact information for Davis.

According to the lawsuit, obtained by The New York Times, Franco and his business partners “engaged in widespread inappropriate and sexually charged behavior towards female students by sexualizing their power as a teacher and an employer by dangling the opportunity for roles in their projects.”

Their behavior, the lawsuit continues, “led to an environment of harassment and sexual exploitation both in and out of the class,” the lawsuit states.

Tither-Kaplan and Gaal said they joined Studio 4 in 2014, the year Franco started it.

Part of the draw, they said, was that students would be allowed exclusive rights to audition for roles in Franco’s indie films, but it later turned out that the roles were open to …read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

1 1,912 1,913 1,914 1,915 1,916 2,232