Burger King is taking the Impossible Whopper national and says it’s looking into other plant-based ‘meat’ items

impossible whopper

Burger King will roll out the Impossible Whopper across 7,000 locations nationwide on August 8.
This comes after a successful test run of the plant-based burger that caused Impossible shortages at certain Burger King locations.
The Impossible Whopper will be available nationwide for a limited time only, but depending on guest reaction, it could earn a place on Burger King’s permanent menu.
Burger King’s president Chris Finazzo said that the chain is also “in the process of exploring” other plant-based proteins, but that those are still in a “very early stage of development.”
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.

Starting August 8, it will be possible to get an Impossible Whopper at over 7,000 Burger King locations across the US, the chain announced Thursday.

Following a successful four-month test run of the Impossible Whopper in limited markets, Burger King has decided to take the plant-based burger nationwide.

While the Impossible Whopper will be available for a limited time only, Burger King’s president Chris Finazzo told Business Insider that could change in the future.

“There’s no reason to believe that this won’t earn a more permanent place on our menu,” he said.

Burger King decides its permanent menu according to guest feedback, Finazzo said, adding that feedback for the Impossible Whopper has been overwhelmingly positive so far. During the testing phase, high demand from guests caused shortages of the plant-based burger at certain locations.

Read more: We tried Burger King’s plant-based Impossible Whopper next to the original — here’s how they actually compare

But Finazzo doesn’t anticipate more Impossible shortages at Burger King.

“We have a pretty good idea of how it will perform, and ultimately we want to get the product with a large manufacturer,” he said.

Bringing the Impossible Whopper national is the first step in Burger King’s …read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

Canadian authorities are winding down their manhunt for 2 teen murder suspects amid theories that they died in the wilderness

rcmp manitoba manhunt

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced Wednesday they are reducing the scale of their manhunt for two teenagers suspected of killing three people.
The investigation has taken the RCMP across four provinces since July 19 — from the northern border of British Columbia to the wetlands of Manitoba.
Mounties said they painstakingly searched through some 4,200 square miles near the Manitoba town of Gillam, but they haven’t had a confirmed sighting of the pair since their burned vehicle was found July 22.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.

Canadian authorities have reduced the scale of their search for two teenagers wanted for three killings, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced Wednesday.

A nationwide manhunt has been underway since July 19 for Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18. The two friends are suspected of killing 64-year-old Leonard Dyck, 24-year-old Chynna Deese, and 23-year-old Lucas Fowler.

The investigation has taken the RCMP across four provinces — from the northern border of British Columbia to the wetlands of Manitoba.

Read more: What we know about Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky, 2 teens who launched a manhunt after they were named as suspects in 3 killings in Canada

RCMP assistant commissioner Jane MacLatchy said at a press conference Wednesday that mounties and members of the Royal Canadian Air Force have painstakingly searched through some 4,200 square miles near the Manitoba town of Gillam, combing through more than 500 homes and buildings.

“We canvassed every home and searched every abandoned building in Gillam and Fox Lake Cree Nation,” she said. “We searched rail lines, hydro corridors, lakes, rivers, vast areas of tundra and muskeg, dense forests and brush.”

‘The terrain in northern Manitoba is immense and unforgiving’

MacLatchy said officers logged thousands of hours and worked around the clock to pursue the suspects, digging through more than 250 tips from the public, …read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

12 of the best things to get at Aldi this month for under $5

aldi finds august

Aldi has a bunch of new products coming in August and they range from vegan-friendly ice cream to sausage.
For under $5, try Nature’s Nectar Summer Lemonade in a variety of flavors or L’Oven Fresh Peach Cobbler Bread.
If you prefer coffee, Aldi’s Barissimo brand has a couple of fun flavors for under $5 that you’ll want to check out.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.

Aldi is a popular place to stock up on affordable pantry staples and seasonal snacks, but one of the best parts of the store is that it rolls out new items every month.

Here are some of the best foods and beverages you can get at Aldi this month for under $5.

Fremont Fish Market Nashville Hot or Togarashi Breaded Shrimp hits stores on August 7.

For $4.99, you’ll get a 10-ounce box of whichever flavor you’d like, whether you want your shrimp with a kick or crispy and classic. You can find these products in the frozen aisle.

Simply Nature Applesauce Cups in Granny Smith and Blueberry hit stores on August 7.

Apples and blueberries are naturally pretty sweet on their own, so if you enjoy the kind of flavor that fruit provides, you might want to try these unsweetened varieties. They’re just $1.39 per six-pack, so why not try both?

Little Salad Bar Grab & Go Couscous or Seven Grain Salads launch on August 7.

These handy packs are kind of like ready-made lunches for anyone on the go. The packs are complete with little compartments full of a nut-and-seed mix, crackers, hummus, and your choice of the couscous or seven-grain salad.

If you need a quick, light lunch or an afternoon snack, these packs will set you back $3.49 a piece.

A few different varieties of Park Street Deli Hummus & Pretzels Snack Cups hit stores on August …read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

Netflix’s ‘On My Block’ stars are getting big pay raises for season 3 — here’s how their salaries stack up to other Netflix actors

on my block

The stars of Netflix’s “On My Block” will earn $650,000 for the show’s third season, which stars production this month, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The deal includes pay bumps for potential fourth and fifth seasons.
But it’s still less than what the stars of some of Netflix’s biggest shows are making.
“13 Reasons Why” star Dylan Minnette will earn $200,000 per episode for the show’s third seasons, which debuts this month.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.

The stars of Netflix’s “On My Block” are getting significant pay raises for the show’s third season, which begins production this month.

Stars Sierra Capri, Jason Genao, Brett Gray, Diego Tinoco, and Jessica Marie Garcia will each earn $650,000 for the entire eight-episode season, or $81,250 per episode, according to The Hollywood Reporter. They were making $20,000 an episode for the first two seasons, which were both 10 episodes.

The deal includes another pay increase for potential fourth and fifth seasons: $850,000 for season four and $1.05 million for season five. The deal includes at least eight episodes per season, according to THR.

But the deal is still short of what the stars of some of Netflix’s biggest shows are making.

“13 Reasons Why” star Dylan Minnette will see a pay bump from around $80,000 an episode to $200,000 for the show’s 13-episode third season, which debuts August 23, according to Deadline.

His costars Brandon Flynn, Alisha Boe, Justin Prentice, Christian Navarro, Miles Heizer, Devin Druid, and Ross Butler will each be making $135,000 an episode. The actors could see another bump for the show’s fourth season, which will be its last.

The cast of “Stranger Things” make even more. Winona Ryder and David Harbour earn $350,000 an episode, while the young stars make $250,000 an episode, according to THR (Millie Bobby Brown, who plays …read more

Source:: Business Insider

      

1 1,201 1,202 1,203 1,204 1,205 1,555