Summary List Placement
One of the best things about SoundCloud, and something that differentiates it from competing music platforms like Spotify, is its wealth of underground, experimental, and independent artists and podcasts.
There’s a huge archive of artists and music that perhaps never made it out of the garage or bedroom, but can still reach your headphones through the service.
One of the best ways to enjoy tracks like these and others on SoundCloud is by placing music — whether it’s your own or another artist’s — into a playlist.
You can create a SoundCloud playlist on a desktop web browser or via the SoundCloud mobile app.
How to make a playlist on SoundCloud on a computer
1. Open SoundCloud in a web browser.
2. Locate the song (or podcast) you want to put on a playlist by either searching with the search bar, or finding a trending or recommended track on the SoundCloud homepage. SoundCloud is also a popular platform for podcasts, which can be added to playlists as well.
3. Beneath each track is a small list of options icons. Tap the ellipses icon for “More,” then click “Add to playlist.”
3. Either add the track to an existing playlist by clicking “Add to playlist,” or click “Create a playlist” to name and create a new playlist, then click “Save.”
How to make a playlist on SoundCloud on the app
1. Download the SoundCloud app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store if you haven’t already, and sign in.
2. Find the track you want to add to a playlist. You can search for the track, or discover one on the SoundCloud app’s home screen.
3. When you’ve located the track, or while playing it, find the ellipses icon. Tap it, then select “Add to playlist.”
On iOS, a newly created playlist will automatically be set to private. You can change the playlist to public on the playlist page.
On Android, you’ll be given a choice whether to make the playlist public or private when you create a new one in the app.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change your SoundCloud profile picture on an iPhone
How to upload audio content to SoundCloud directly from your iPhone
What is Bandcamp? What to know about the music platform for new artists and listeners
How to upload your own music to Bandcamp, and start making money selling albums and tracks
How to download music from Bandcamp in 3 different ways
SEE ALSO: The best cheap headphones
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: What would happen if you jumped off the International Space Station
Source:: Business Insider