It’s easy to share a PowerPoint presentation on your Mac or PC app.
You can also share a presentation if you use the online version of PowerPoint.
Sharing a presentation can help you collaborate with friends or coworkers.
Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
When creating Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for work or school, it’s often necessary to collaborate with others on your projects.
Thankfully, it’s easy to share a PowerPoint presentation no matter what version you use. The process looks fairly similar on both Mac and PC programs, as well as on the online version that can be accessed from any web browser. The online option is helpful if you don’t have the Microsoft Office program downloaded to your desktop.
For all of these options, you can add a collaborator (which operates similarly to sharing Google Slides) or opt to send your file as a presentation or PDF via email. There are also alternative methods, such as sending via social media.
Here’s how to share a presentation.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
Microsoft Office (From $149.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Chromebook (From $269.00 at Amazon)
How to share a PowerPoint presentation on a PC
Sharing a presentation on the PC version of PowerPoint should look similar on most computer types. The following steps and accompanying photos detail the process on a Samsung Chromebook.
1. Open the PowerPoint presentation you wish to share on your PC.
2. Click the “Share” symbol in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This should give you the option to share either the full document or just the current slide.
If you prefer to add a collaborator instead (similar to Google Slides functions), you will need to click the orange button to save a copy of the file to your OneDrive.
3. Choose how you’d like to share the document or slide as an attachment. You can choose to send an email via Outlook or as a message via Zoom, for example.
Additionally, when you first launch the program, you can also find a “Share” tab on the left hand side. This will provide you with the same options for sharing a file.
How to share a PowerPoint Presentation on a Mac
1. Open the PowerPoint presentation on your Mac desktop or laptop.
2. Click the “File” tab in the top left corner.
3. Select “Share” from the dropdown menu. This will grant you the option to either send or copy a link to share, send the file as a presentation or PDF, or manage access to a shared file. Select whichever option you’d like and follow the directions to add contact information.
If you wish to manage access and add collaborators, …read more
Source:: Business Insider