You can add Google Drive to your desktop on a PC in addition to using it on a web browser.
Adding the Google Drive app to your desktop will enable you to sync your documents and files from your computer to Google Drive.
Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Google Drive is popular for its free programs, ease of access, and compatibility with Gmail and other Google products.
You can download Google Drive to your PC desktop as well, enabling your computer to sync your files with Google Drive automatically.
Here’s how to add Google Drive to your desktop using a PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to add Google Drive to your PC desktop
1. If you are logged in to your Google account on an internet browser, you must log out temporarily to install Google on your desktop.
2. Once you have logged out, go to drive.google.com and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage. Under the “Downloads” column, click on “Drive for Mac/PC.”
3. A new tab will open. Next to the “For Individuals” banner, click on “Download.”
4. A pop-up window will appear. Click the “Agree and Download” button.
5. A program called “installbackupandsync.exe” will begin downloading in your internet browser.
6. Click on the program, and it should begin installing once it has finished downloading.
7. Once the installation is complete, click “Close” to exit the pop-up window.
8. Google Drive should now appear on your desktop. Look for a window called “Welcome to Backup and Sync” and click on the “Get Started” button.
9. Type in your Gmail address, click “Next,” and then type in your Gmail password. Click “Next” when you are finished.
10. Set your laptop’s preferences for upload quality and file size. When you are finished, click “Next.”
11. Set your Google Drive syncing preferences. You can sync the entirety of your computer to Google Drive, or select specific folders to sync. Once you are finished, click “Start.”
After Google Drive is downloaded to your desktop, you will also see shortcuts to Drive programs such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to download a folder from Google Drive to your PC or Mac computer
How to share a video on Google Drive in 2 different ways
How to permanently delete files from Google Drive on your Android device
How to upload photos to Google Drive from your iPhone, for more storage space and sending larger files
Here’s how much storage is available on your Google Drive, and how to upgrade to Google One for more storage space
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about …read more
Source:: Business Insider